Ordering Your Ostomy Supplies
Medicare and Your Ostomy Supplies
Medicare covers ostomy supplies for use on patients with a surgically created opening (stoma) to divert urine, or fecal contents outside the body.
Duke Medical can provide your ostomy supplies with little or no up-front cost, depending on your Medicare supplemental insurance. If you have Medicare supplemental insurance the entire cost of your supplies may be covered. Medicare covered products and allowables are listed below.
We accept Medicare Assignment on a wide variety of ostomy supplies including most Convatec, Hollister and Cymed items. By accepting Medicare Assignment Duke Medical Supply agrees to accept the reimbursement amount set by Medicare. Medicare always pays 80% of their allowed amount and the patient, or the patients supplemental insurance, pays the remaining 20% plus any annual deductible.
We will contact your physician to get the appropriate prescription.
We will ship you a 3-month supply of your ostomy products. Shipping is always free on Medicare Assigned orders.
We will handle the paperwork by billing Medicare and your co-insurance.
We will call you when your 3-month supply is scheduled to run low to see if you need more ostomy supplies.
You may cancel your enrollment in Duke Medical Supply at any time.
Our knowledgeable staff will strive to make your experience with Duke Medical Supply enjoyable and will assist you with any questions you may have about Medicare or your ostomy supplies. You may contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 1-888-678-6692, Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm Central Standard Time.
Medicare HMO’s are not accepted.
|Ostomy Product||Qty Allowed /|
|Pouches (Closed)||60 per month|
|Pouches (Drainable)||20 per month|
|Pouches (Urinary)||20 per month|
|Wafers (4 x 4)||20 per month|
|Wafers (6 x 6)||20 per month|
|Wafers (8 x 8)||20 per month|
|Stoma Cap||31 per month|
|Lubricant||4 oz. per month|
|Irrigation cone/bag||1 every 3 months|
|Irrigation Sleeve||4 per month|
|Stomahesive Paste||4 oz. per month|
|Adhesive||4 oz. per month|
|Adhesive Remover (liquid)||8 oz. every 3 months|
|Adhesive Discs||10 per month|
|Convex Inserts||10 per month|
|Ostomy Belt||1 per month|
|Appliance Cleaner||16 oz per month|
|Tape (depending on tape width)||1-2 rolls per month|
|Skin Barrier Wipes||3 Boxes/50 every 6 months|
|Ostomy Deodorant, liquid or tablet||no set allowable amount|
|Drainage Bottle||1 every 3 months|
|Drainage bag||1 per month|
|Ostomy absorbent packets||90 per month|
Duke Medical Supply | 300 Biltmore Drive | Suite 350 | Fenton, MO 63026 | Toll Free Tel: 1-888-678-6692
Content Protected Copyright © 1998-2013 Duke Medical Supply, Inc. Reproduction in whole or in part
in any form or medium without express written consent of Duke Medical Supply, Inc. is Strictly Prohibited.